Celtic Oak - Staffordshire Bull terrier - Fila Brasileiro - Cane Corso
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Cartes Pokémon EV6.5 : où trouver le Bundle Lot 6 Boosters Fable ...
Voir le deal

Short stories by Scottish Jim

Short stories by Scottish Jim Empty Short stories by Scottish Jim

Message  Brian Jeu 5 Fév - 18:35

A walk on the moor...

It has been quite some time since I last walked on The Moor. Like all that we love, it has the ability to draw us back in the hope of more sustainance and enrichment. I had decided prior to alighting on The Moor to once again visit, 'The Collar Collector' my previous visit although sad, also threw light upon the connection between Human and canine, and I felt the richer for that experience.

On opening the door to his, 'The Collar Collectors' hut, I was met with precisely the same feeling of awe I had had on my inaugural visit to this strange hut and its even stranger contents. As was his way, The Collar Collector was busy stitching yet another collar, 'With no doubt yet another enthralling tale of life attached to it' As my eyes once more gazed in wonderment at the seemingly endless array of collars which adorned the hut, my eyes were drawn to two collars, 'In truth it was actually 1 1/2 collars' made from as far as I could acertain some sort of stone. I begged The Collar Collectors indulgence and asked if he would be so kind as to explain to me the purpose of the collars, 'Seemingly made of stone' In order to explain fully the purpose behind, 'The Stone Collars' we shall have to visit an area of The Moor which gave life to the collars. I explained I would be only to happy to traverse The Moor in his esteemed company. With this we set off on our journey, 'A journey of discovery for me and one of memories for The Collar Collector'

As we walked, The Collar Collector put forth the theory that a dogs collar signified, 'The Circle of Life' although two ended when closed it forms a circle as does life. In time we arrived at a circle of stones, 'Not unlike those used to pen farm animals when either worming or sheering is taking place'

The Complete Collar of Stone which I hold in my hand was made to celebrate, also replicate, the stone circle which lies before us. This circle was built, 'Many years ago' by one who bred The Staffordshire bull terrier. So protective was he of the blood which ran through his dogs veins that he confined them, for fear of their mixing with other strains of their kind. Originally the wall was not that high, but as he grew to understand, 'Genetic Inheritance' his stock thrived he had to raise the walls height so as to keep his charges captive. He had one particular dog who outshone all others in his honour he erected, 'A Pilot Stone' and built his wall to this height knowing no other possessed the abilty to out do Pilot in feats of activity and agility. As is the way of genetics his reluctance to use anything other than his stock eventually took its toll on the vigour and hardiness of his canines, and they returned to the average of the breed, a mirror image of those with whom he had started his attempt at making the good, GREAT.

In his autumn years he looked back at what he once had, and prayed that in time to come, someone, 'Maybe many' would see the error of his ways and once more raise The Staffordshire bull terrier to those heights which had forced him to raise, 'The Pilot Stone'

This half collar he made before his death in the hope that some farsighted enthusiasts would have the ability and understanding to furnish the collar with a matching half with which to complete, The Circle of Life'

Could that someone be YOU?????

Cool
Brian
Brian

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Short stories by Scottish Jim Empty Re: Short stories by Scottish Jim

Message  Brian Jeu 5 Fév - 18:38

Another; His inner voice...

He stays silent and waits for the day, when the rolling thunder within him can be unleashed
Of whom do I speak, I am speaking of the loyal, intelligent, protective and bred for action, Staffordshire bull terrier. The love conquers all attitude hold no water with him, he who from birth is programmed for the love of combat. Unlike humans, The Stafford does not possess a multitude of personalities. From his conception the Ghost Dogs have invaded his phsyche and at some point in his life they shall be seen.
Most owners only ever hear half the orchestra within their dog, the one where they do all the conducting. How many of your baton waves consist of, NO, STOP THAT, LEAVE, and so on. You can convert a non believer to Christianity, but you can't make a Stafford a Poodle.
I sometimes ask myself if Stafford owners are comprehensively aware of the dog that is at the end of the lead.
I have never fully come to terms with the reasons why people choose The Stafford as opposed to many other breeds, that fulfill the human need every bit as much as The Stafford does.
Is it our need to tame the untameable?
Is it the instant talking point when The Stafford name is mentioned?
Or is it because you have" After many weeks thought" you truely believe you can fulfill the canine needs of The Stafford and not the human need to have a Newspaper Headline on a leash?
When you first bring your pup home, and he yaps and growls, and plays tug with everyone. The young dog who is obedient, well behaved, and showing that love conquers all.
I wonder as the dog reaches maturity, how many see the second when he grows still and silent, his mind in neutral, then the Ghost Dogs whisper becomes a roar, and the realisation of what he truely is, is welcomed by him.
This is his time, how many of us would aknowledge it, how many would even recognise it, or do we just put it down to a break in the schedule, or some aspect of training that we missed.
I do not know how many have heard the awesome power of the full orchestra, but we had all better listen, for one day if we are unaware of it, it will deafen us with it's silence.

pirat
Brian
Brian

Revenir en haut Aller en bas