Celtic Oak - Staffordshire Bull terrier - Fila Brasileiro - Cane Corso
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
-35%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Philips Hue Kit de démarrage : 3 Ampoules Hue E27 White + Pont de ...
64.99 € 99.99 €
Voir le deal

History of the Blue Blood Bulldogs

History of the Blue Blood Bulldogs  Empty History of the Blue Blood Bulldogs

Message  Christine Dim 26 Mai - 21:05

by Lana Lou Lane.

PaPa Buck Lane The Blue Blood Bull Dog is the result of many years of effort toward rescuing an almost extinct breed, the old timey plantation dog of the Alapaha River region of South Georgia. They were very large, males were usually approximately 90 pounds, very protective of their property, that being whatever their master instructed them as theirs to keep gaurd over. They were very possesive of their "family," highly intelligent and easily trained.

My Grandaddy, PaPa Buck Lane, always had an "Otto." Otto looked after family, house, estate, and when in the woods at work, he kept watch over that operation. PaPa Buck Lane was killed December 17, 1943 by a train. Otto was found on many occasions sitting on PaPa Buck Lane's grave. How did he know which grave? All we know is that Otto continued his ever faithful duties to his "undying" master. He continued his duties until an untimely death from a broken heart. Otto would only allow family to come to the grave.

One Otto took a wife and moved her in under the maid's quarters. He carried her food from the "Big House." He continued even after the babies were born. As they got older, he would ease them out, one at a time, to show them around and for short "kindergarten guard and obedience" classes. So, see you really don't need professional guard and obedience training.

History of the Lana Lou Lane Bulldog

Meet Henry, Ashburns Beretta
- by Vicki Brown, staff reporter of the Wiregrass Farmer.

Henry has been getting state wide attention ever since he prevented a burglary attempt on his residence at the Strickland's Shell Oil Station early last Wednesday morning, August 10.

Henry is a 100 pound bulldog and he is credited with not only stopping a an armed robbery attempt but also saving the life of the night attendant, Hubert Nipper.

The attempt occured on Wednesday morning at about 3:30 a.m.when two men entered the station office with sawed-off shotgun. Henry was aroused as the men entered and jumped at the first man knocking both to the ground.

Apparently this attack from the huge bulldog was enough to disorient the robbers as they fled the scene without harm to Nipper. The Strickland brothers own the dog and have kept him most of his life at the station where he has prevented other burglary attempts.

"He once jumped through a plate glass door in the station office in his rush to attack a burglar," one of the brothers said.

Bulldogs were bred to catch bulls, "They hurl themselves at the bull and grab at the nose and flip them over using their weight as leverage."

Henry once did this with a horse and lost a few teeth in his effort. But the teeth he had left for last Wednesday's occurance and teh weight behind those teeth were enough to chase the robbers away for some thirty miles before their apprehension by police.

In overall personality, the almost eleven year old Henry rates a high score. His daily activities around the station are generally to relax and enjoy the patrons. At times the Strickland brothers even let him have a cigarette.

The story above was printed in the Wiregrass Farmer.

My foundation sire Lana's Marcelle Lane, is as close as I'll ever come to the "Plantation Dog" of the Alapaha River Region of South Georgia, that would have a place in todays social life. I've bred to very choice dogs over the years and culled closely, picking and choosing for any genetic or tempermental defects.
Lana's Marcelle Lane

Marcelle weighed approximately 95 pounds, was 24 inches at the shoulder, 22.5 inches around the head and 33.5 around the girth. Males average weight is 80 to 95 pounds. It can vary 10 pounds. Average Females are 60 t0 75 pounds also with a 10 pound variance. Average male height at withers is 23-26 inches with a varience of one inch. Females average height is 20-25 inches with a varience of one inch. Length being near height and around the head about one inch smaller. Basically a sqare dog.

Colors vary with a great deal of pigmentation. Colors are white with blue merle, black, buff, brown, red and a few brindle. Marble or glass eyes are preffered. No trimming of ears or docking of tails is acceptable.

Lana Lou Lane Bulldogs are very active and athletic. If you feel as I do, you will not feel the need of any other form of protection as long as you have a Lana Lou Lane Bull Dog around; yet they get along well with other dogs. They only show aggression when it's for defense. The LLLB does not have to be restrained with a log chain around his neck, after all, what good are they for protection to you if they are chained?

I think they would do well in obedience training although I have not tried it. According to my mother, I am the only person she knows that can train a puppy to play outside three hours scratch at the door, run in and "pp" on the floor. But even I have no trouble to teach them their territory whether it be house, yard, farm, pick-up truck, livestock, etc...

The Lana Lou Lane Bull Dog is NOT the same dog as the American Bulldog and NOT to be confused with them, or to be cross bred with them. The LLLB is a true breed of Plantation Dogs found only in a 75-100 mile radius of South Georgia. There are several people breeding them into their breed to make them better as well as some people calling their breed Alapahas. If your Dog did'nt come from my stock be assured it is a cross breed
Play It Again

Texas HoldEm Poker
4 of your friends play Texas HoldEm Poker.
Play Now
Recommended PagesSee All
Recommended Pages

The Ramones
Andre Borges likes this.

Allman Brothers Band
Sam Lowenthal and Denny Terry like them.

Lemmy Kilmister
649,538 people like this.

Lacuna Coil
794,896 people like this.

The Colbert Report
Mikey Vegas likes this.

OrebaClubs KennelRegistry updated the description.
by Lana Lou Lane.

PaPa Buck Lane The Blue Blood Bull Dog is the result of many years of effort toward rescuing an almost extinct breed, the old timey plantation dog of the Alapaha River region of South Georgia. They were very large, males were usually approximately 90 pounds, very protective of their property, that being whatever their master instructed them as theirs to keep gaurd over. They were very possesive of their "family," highly intelligent and easily trained.

My Grandaddy, PaPa Buck Lane, always had an "Otto." Otto looked after family, house, estate, and when in the woods at work, he kept watch over that operation. PaPa Buck Lane was killed December 17, 1943 by a train. Otto was found on many occasions sitting on PaPa Buck Lane's grave. How did he know which grave? All we know is that Otto continued his ever faithful duties to his "undying" master. He continued his duties until an untimely death from a broken heart. Otto would only allow family to come to the grave.

One Otto took a wife and moved her in under the maid's quarters. He carried her food from the "Big House." He continued even after the babies were born. As they got older, he would ease them out, one at a time, to show them around and for short "kindergarten guard and obedience" classes. So, see you really don't need professional guard and obedience training.

Meet Henry, Ashburns Beretta
- by Vicki Brown, staff reporter of the Wiregrass Farmer.

Henry has been getting state wide attention ever since he prevented a burglary attempt on his residence at the Strickland's Shell Oil Station early last Wednesday morning, August 10.

Henry is a 100 pound bulldog and he is credited with not only stopping a an armed robbery attempt but also saving the life of the night attendant, Hubert Nipper.

The attempt occured on Wednesday morning at about 3:30 a.m.when two men entered the station office with sawed-off shotgun. Henry was aroused as the men entered and jumped at the first man knocking both to the ground.

Apparently this attack from the huge bulldog was enough to disorient the robbers as they fled the scene without harm to Nipper. The Strickland brothers own the dog and have kept him most of his life at the station where he has prevented other burglary attempts.

"He once jumped through a plate glass door in the station office in his rush to attack a burglar," one of the brothers said.

Bulldogs were bred to catch bulls, "They hurl themselves at the bull and grab at the nose and flip them over using their weight as leverage."

Henry once did this with a horse and lost a few teeth in his effort. But the teeth he had left for last Wednesday's occurance and teh weight behind those teeth were enough to chase the robbers away for some thirty miles before their apprehension by police.

In overall personality, the almost eleven year old Henry rates a high score. His daily activities around the station are generally to relax and enjoy the patrons. At times the Strickland brothers even let him have a cigarette.

The story above was printed in the Wiregrass Farmer.

My foundation sire Lana's Marcelle Lane, is as close as I'll ever come to the "Plantation Dog" of the Alapaha River Region of South Georgia, that would have a place in todays social life. I've bred to very choice dogs over the years and culled closely, picking and choosing for any genetic or tempermental defects.
Lana's Marcelle Lane

Marcelle weighed approximately 95 pounds, was 24 inches at the shoulder, 22.5 inches around the head and 33.5 around the girth. Males average weight is 80 to 95 pounds. It can vary 10 pounds. Average Females are 60 t0 75 pounds also with a 10 pound variance. Average male height at withers is 23-26 inches with a varience of one inch. Females average height is 20-25 inches with a varience of one inch. Length being near height and around the head about one inch smaller. Basically a sqare dog.

Colors vary with a great deal of pigmentation. Colors are white with blue merle, black, buff, brown, red and a few brindle. Marble or glass eyes are preffered. No trimming of ears or docking of tails is acceptable.

Lana Lou Lane Bulldogs are very active and athletic. If you feel as I do, you will not feel the need of any other form of protection as long as you have a Lana Lou Lane Bull Dog around; yet they get along well with other dogs. They only show aggression when it's for defense. The LLLB does not have to be restrained with a log chain around his neck, after all, what good are they for protection to you if they are chained?

I think they would do well in obedience training although I have not tried it. According to my mother, I am the only person she knows that can train a puppy to play outside three hours scratch at the door, run in and "pp" on the floor. But even I have no trouble to teach them their territory whether it be house, yard, farm, pick-up truck, livestock, etc...

The Lana Lou Lane Bull Dog is NOT the same dog as the American Bulldog and NOT to be confused with them, or to be cross bred with them. The LLLB is a true breed of Plantation Dogs found only in a 75-100 mile radius of South Georgia. There are several people breeding them into their breed to make them better as well as some people calling their breed Alapahas. If your Dog did'nt come from my stock be assured it is a cross breed
Christine
Christine
Admin

http://www.celticoak-chiens-de-france.com

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

History of the Blue Blood Bulldogs  Empty Re: History of the Blue Blood Bulldogs

Message  Christine Mar 28 Mai - 20:55

http://www.oldsouthernbulldogs.com/news/a-brief-history-of-the-alapaha-blue-blood-bulldog/

A Brief History of the Alapaha Blue-Blood Bulldog

A BRIEF ARF HISTORY:
LANA LOU LANE’S ALAPAHA BLUE BLOOD BULLDOGS ©

By Al Walker, ARF Genealogist & Registrar

To All Enthusiasts,
July, 2001, Ms. Lana Lou Lane, 1947-2001, the originator of the breed known as the, ALAPAHA BLUE BLOOD BULLDOG, passed away. However, approximately 15 years prior to her death, she contacted the ARF, and she spoke to its founder, the late Mr. Tom D. Stodghill, in regards to registering and preserving her breed, in perpetuity. In November of 1986, the ARF registered the first of many ALAPAHA BLUE BLOOD BULLDOGS that came from her kennel.
As a businesswoman, Ms. Lane knew that if the world was going to learn of her breed of bulldog, she would have to have a "recognized registry" to register her bulldogs, an advertising plan, and a dog-showing plan. Therefore, she chose the Animal Research Foundation, ARF, to register her dogs, "Dog World Magazine", for national exposure, and, she chose Ms. Jane Otterbein, to show her dogs in rare breed venues. Further, she produced her own video tape [which is still available, from the ARF], and other printed matter, as a means of marketing her breed to prospective buyers.
Further, Ms. Lane created a kennel name for herself, which she referred to as, "Circle L Kennels" / "Circle L Farms". On her Kennel/Farm, she owned, bred and raised a number of breeds of canines, some of which were Rat Terriers, Toy Fox Terriers, American Pit Bull Terriers [a/k/a American Staffordshire Terriers], Catahoulas, American Bulldogs, and an "American Bulldog/Catahoula" cross, known as a "Catahoula Bulldog". However, her number-one-selling dog was her ARF-registered, "old timey plantation dog", which she named the "ALAPAHA BLUE BLOOD BULLDOG", so named for the Alapaha River Region of South Georgia, which passed near her home in Rebecca, Georgia. Therefore, the afore-mentioned bulldog that Ms. Lane saved, to the best of our research, contains canine genes coming from the early "Colonial American Bulldog" [which is the original "American Bulldog" or "Old English White", that was brought to America by the 17th century colonists], and other "Old World Canine Genes", that make up today’s "American Pit Bull" and "Catahoula Leopard". However, it’s the dominate "Colonial American Bulldog" gene that makes this dog so great; but, needless-to-say, it is the recessive gene colors of the "American Pit Bull" and "Catahoula Leopard" that add to the dog’s beauty. You can see these recessive colors appear in her "Blue Merle" & "Silver Dollar" Alapahas".
In Ms. Lane’s early childhood days, she heard her parents, grandparents, relatives, and neighbors, refer to these "old timey" bulldogs by various names, such as "OTTO DOGS", "OLD TIMEY PLANTATION BULLDOGS", "OLD SOUTHERN BULLDOGS", "OLD ENGLISH WHITES", "AMERICAN BULLDOGS", or just plain "BULLDOGS". Since these "old timey bulldogs" were not readily available to the general public, she employed the help of a number of individuals, to help her in her dog selection, training, and "Dog Showing". Some of these individuals included Ms. Jane Otterbein, for "Dog Showing", and Mr. Mike Connors, Mr. Marker Ray Nicholas, and Mr. John Conners, as her dog breeders, handlers, and trainers.
A special note to the reader: On Tuesday morning, April 28, 1992, Ms. Lane was in her home, when it caught fire. As a result of that fire, Ms. Lane’s Foundation sire, "Lana’s Marcelle Lane", ARF Reg. No.: ABBB12M, died, and, Ms. Lane was badly burned [3rd degree burns over 30% of her body]. From that day forward, Ms. Lane was under a doctor’s care, for she suffered a great deal from her burns and disfigurement. To help relieve her pain, her doctor prescribed pain pills, as well as other prescription drugs, that affected her memory and attitude towards others. As a result of her memory loss, she wrote in her last brochure, the following statement: "The Alapaha is not the same dog as American Bulldog and not to be confused with them, or to be cross bred with them." Alapaha Blue Blood Bulldogs, Page 5, Lana Lou Lane. However, this statement contradicts the fact that she purchased a 50-50 "American Bulldog/Pit Bull" cross, from Mr. James McDuffie, and she ARF-registered this dog, which she called, "Marcelle", ARF Reg. No. 1776, on April 15, 1986, eight months prior to renaming the dog "Lana’s Marcelle Lane", with a new Alapaha ARF Reg. Number, being ABBB12M, registered Dec. 12, 1986. Therefore, "Lana’s Marcelle Lane", ARF Reg. No.: ABBB12M, and "Marcelle", ARF. Reg. No.: 1776, are one and the same dog. Further, on January 11, 1997, Ms. Lane notified me of a 100% American Bulldog that she had acquired, and was then using in her breeding program. This dog’s name was "Arnold’s Codi", NKC Reg. No.: C026-602, and was bred by Marvin Arnold. With a copy of "Codi’s" NKC Certificate of Registration, Ms. Lane sent me a note, stating: "Al, Send reg. papers on "Lana’s Codi Arnold", as one of the "litter application". Please call me when you get this so I may explain. Thanks Lana" Again, Ms. Lane did use an "American Bulldog" [an "Old English White"], in her Alapaha breeding program.
When Ms. Lane began sending in her ARF-paperwork, to have her bulldogs registered as "Alapahas", she had very-little-to-no ancestry on the dogs that she registered; therefore, all of her original Alapaha breeding stock was "Merit" registered. The reason being, most of the old farmers of South Georgia did not care if their bulldogs were registered or not. Therefore, if Farmer Brown had a litter of bulldog pups, and, his neighbor, Farmer Jones, wanted one, he gave him one on the condition that when his bulldog had pups, he would get a pup back. So, by this method of trading, bulldog pups were spread over many southern Georgia counties, including other southern states.
In searching for her particular type of bulldog, she knew what she was looking for, so she produced a breed standard that would primarily describe her bulldogs; males weighing 70 to 90 pounds, and females weighing 50 to 70 pounds. Many of today’s American Bulldogs weigh upwards to 130, even to 150 pounds; therefore, the variety of "American Bulldog" that Ms. Lane selected, for her "Alapaha" breeding program, was the "Old English White". But, since she declared a solid white bulldog as being an undesirable color, these were crossed with colored bulldogs, creating a desirable "Blue Merle and White", etc.
The mystery that seems to worry so many people is, "Where did Ms. Lane find her bulldogs?" Most of her dogs were found within 75 to 100 miles of her home; however, Mr. John Conners, of Georgia, helped Ms. Lane to obtain other American Bulldogs, which she used in her breeding program, as well. In the years that Ms. Lane bred and sold her dogs, only a very select few purchased "breedable" Alapahas from her; therefore, if you wanted an Alapaha, you had to purchase it from her, or from Ms. Jane Otterbein, Mr. Joe Shay, Mr. John Conners, Mr. Mike Connors, Mr. Marker Nicholas, or Mr. Carlos Amaral. Later, through the above breeders, other breeders were added to the ARF-Alapaha Blue Blood Bulldog Breeders’ List, all having Alapahas coming directly out of Lana Lou Lane’s Circle L Kennels.
Since, Ms. Lane’s passing, in 2001, we knew that we would be faced with many challenges, coming from all parts of the USA, and outside; therefore, people like you want to know the future of the ARF-registered Alapaha. Presently, we now file the Alapaha into different categories, which are …

1. Alapahas that have come directly from Ms. Lane, or descendents that have come from Ms. Lane’s Alapahas: All these Alapahas will have ARF registration numbers, beginning with the letters "ABBB". However, a breeder needs to keep in mind, one cannot perpetually keep breeding back to Ms. Lane’s Alapahas, without the dogs becoming very inbred. Therefore, other bloodlines must be introduced to keep the breed strong. This now leads us to the next category, number 2.
2. In regards to the “new” Alapahas, that have not yet been ARF-registered, but still meet the Alapaha Breed Standard: When these “new” Alapahas are ARF-registered, they will be supplied with an ARF registration number, beginning with the number “2”, meaning second generation of Alapaha Blue Blood Bulldogs. Therefore, the ARF registration numbers, for this second generation of “new” Alapaha Blue Blood Bulldogs, will read as follows: “2ABBB_ _ _ _”. However, all first generation Alapaha Blue Blood Bulldogs, descending from Ms. Lana Lou Lane’s kennel, their ARF registration numbers will remain the same, as always, beginning with the letters “ABBB_ _ _ _”.

The next question you might ask, where are these "new" Alapaha additions to come from? Primarily, they can only come from a few sources. The ARF-recommended sources are, from Mr. Joe Shay, Mr. Mike Connors, Mr. John Mims, Mr. James Orr, and Mr. Jesse Kelly. Also, I would like to mention our breeders that have Alapahas, which are descendents from Ms. Lane’s original stock. These ARF breeders are, Mr. Carlos Amaral, Mr. Rick & Linda Daiber, Ms. Jo Hutchison, Mr. Jack & Jo Kemp, and Mr. Daniel Klien. However, in the future, we shall see more and more breeders join our ARF-list of approved breeders, and their names will be added for future Alapaha puppy acquisition.
In closing, we will see and experience inevitable changes, but the breed will still be called "Alapaha Blue Blood Bulldogs", in memory of Lana Lou Lane. Therefore, I trust this "Brief History" will answer many of your questions, in regards to the future continuation of the breed. ARF is now entering its 21st year with the breed, as we celebrate our 60th year of animal husbandy; therefore, we invite you to become an "Alapaha Blue Blood Bulldog" enthusiast, by owning one of these great bulldogs.

Read more: http://www.oldsouthernbulldogs.com/news/a-brief-history-of-the-alapaha-blue-blood-bulldog/
Christine
Christine
Admin

http://www.celticoak-chiens-de-france.com

Revenir en haut Aller en bas